Thursday, November 19, 2015

Week 13: Extra Reading Diary: Ovid's Metamorphoses

Ovid's Metamorphoses

Narcissus: The story of Narcissus is one of my favorite stories. I am a psych major and I am very interested in narcissism. I enjoy reading about the original narcissist. I like this story and all of the others about the gods and goddesses. I am surprised I straight up missed this when I did some of the early readings. I am glad I found it now though and got to read it.

The Story of Pyramus and Thisbe: There story somewhat reminds me of Romeo and Juliet. They were both in love and wanted to get married, but it was prevented by their parents. I really like the parallels you see in all of these stories with a lot of the other classics.

Mars and Venus: Oh man. I really like this story. It is very funny. I love that instead of like going off on Venus, Vulcan just gets even. He straight up just makes a net and shows everyone what kind of people those two are! This story is great.

(Venus and Mars caught in the net)


No comments:

Post a Comment