Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Week 11: Reading Diary B: Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland

Man. I just love the Mad-Tea Party scene. It is one of my all time favorites. I just think it is so cleverly written and I am like 90% sure that is what I want to write my story over this week. There are so many aspects to that particular tale in this book that I just love. I really love how all of the characters distinct personalities come through so well. I particularly like when the Dormouse is telling a story to the others and Alice keeps interrupting. It shows how inquisitive and interested in learning and making sense of her world she is. It is a great example of all of the children in us. I also like when they all switch spots to have a "clean cup". However, they just move into a seat that was occupied a few seconds ago so instead of having a clean cup, you just have a dirty one that someone else drank out of. I'm not really sure why that is so funny to me!

(Mad-Tea Party by Sir John Tenniel)



No comments:

Post a Comment