Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Topics For Project



Topic: Christmas stories!

Comments: I really, really, really love Christmas. I know there are all sorts of Christmas stories I could take and make a good Storybook project out of!

Possible stories: I really love “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” by Dr. Seuss. There are also so many classic stories that I could really give more life to.

Bibliography Information:

Sample Story: How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Book Author: Dr. Seuss





Topic: T’was the Night before Finals

Comments: Okay, so this is like keeping in theme with Christmas stories, but instead of making them about Christmas I want to spin them to be like horror stories about finals week for college students. I would use various Christmas story ideas (like the title of my topic), but change them to have to do with finals week.

Possible stories: I would definitely like to use a version of T’was the Night before Christmas. And I could even use “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” but spin it as “How the Professor Stole Christmas” or something like that.

Bibliography Information:

Sample Story: T’was the Night before Christmas

Author: Clement Clarke Moore



Topic: Native American Stories

Comments: I mentioned earlier in one of my posts that I was interested in the Native American stories in the Untextbook. So I did some research on all the Native American stories (this took forever because there are a ton) and I just find them all so interesting! As a child my poppy always told me Native American stories and I would really like to read through these and try to find the ones he told me.

Possible stories: There was one that my poppy always told me about the stageny. Which is considered to be a form of black magic that allows men to shape shift. Most traditionally a stageny takes the form of an owl and hunts children, but the research I did on this shows that other versions of this story have them changing into other animals. There is even Girl Scout Murders here in Oklahoma had stageny involved in them. The investigators questioned a medicine man named Crying Wolf and asked if he thought the suspect, Gene Hart, was a stageny.

Bibliography information:

Sample story:The Indian Who Wrestled with a Ghost

Author: Teton

From the Untextbook(I found this interesting because it involves an owl)
(Stageny: from the Untextbook)




Topic: Something with the Canterbury Tales

Comments: I absolutely love these tales. I think these would be better for individual stories more than a project, however. I do not really have any great ideas for this….I just knew I needed another idea and I really have my top three that I am leaning towards already listed.

Bibliography:

The Canterbury Tales
Geoffry Chaucer

No comments:

Post a Comment