Thursday, September 10, 2015

Reading Diary B: Apuleius's Cupid and Psyche

(Psyche at the Shrine)
I really enjoyed this reading because I love the mythology part of it. I have always been intrigued by this ever since I was little. I really liked how Venus gets so angry and brings her wrath down on Psyche because that just shows that even though your in-laws may be bad, at least they aren't angry goddess bad. It is so fitting with how the mother(Venus) runs everything and her son just lays around while she's reeking all of this havoc. However, I do like at the end when he swoops in and finally does something about it. Another aspect of this story I find interesting is that they have the three impossible tasks. I liked that part of the story. I also like how the ending is a happy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment